Upcoming Rental Due Dates
Summer 2020: August 7
Fall 2020: December 18
Returning Your Summer Textbook Rentals
RETURN TO A CAMPUS LOCATION
Cowley College Bookstore, Ark City Campus
207 West Fifth Avenue
Arkansas City, KS 67005
430 E. Main Street
Mulvane, KS 67110
Cowley Store, Sumner Campus
2208 Davis-White Loop
Wellington, KS 67152
Cowley Store, Downtown Wichita
532 S. Market
Wichita, KS 67202
CONTACT FREE RETURN
Convenient Book Drop
Students who reside in the Ark City area are welcome to utilize the no contact Book Drop at the Cowley College Bookstore. Located at 207 W. 5th Avenue on the west side of the building, the Book Drop is available to students 24/7.
- 1. Download, print and complete the Textbook Return Form.
2. Drop your textbooks into the Book Drop. Don’t forget to include ONE Textbook Return Form that lists each book that are returning!
3. Students will receive an email confirmation once the rentals have been received and checked in by the Cowley College Bookstore.
4. All rental textbooks must be deposited in the Book Drop by 4:30pm on August 7, 2020.
Ship Your Rentals
Students may return rental textbooks via a preferred carrier, USPS, UPS or FedEx, at your expense.
- 1. Download, print and complete the Textbook Return Form and include inside the shipment.
3. Carefully pack textbooks, including the Textbook Return Form, and ship to the Cowley College Bookstore, 207 W. 5th Ave., Arkansas City, KS 67005.
4. Students will receive an email confirmation once the rentals have been received and checked in by the Cowley College Bookstore.
5. All rental shipments must arrive at the Cowley Bookstore no later than August 7, 2020. The Cowley Bookstore is not responsible for rental textbooks that are lost or delayed in transit via any carrier.
Cowley Textbook Rental Agreement
As a low cost alternative to purchasing course materials, Cowley students may elect to enter into a rental agreement with the Cowley Bookstore. The rental agreement is effective for the current semester/session only.
Per terms of the rental agreement, students understand:
- All titles for rent are property of the Cowley College Bookstore.
- In accepting the terms of this rental agreement, the student accepts responsibility to use the book and return the rental book to the Cowley Bookstore by the Rental Due Date.
- Student understands that the rental fee is refundable only if the book is returned prior to the LAST DAY FOR FULL REFUND. The rental fee is not refundable after this date.
- Students are responsible for inspecting the condition of the rental material. Any existing damage must be reported to the Cowley Bookstore within seven days of rental. The student accepts responsibility for any damage upon return of the rental at the conclusion of the semester.
- Rental textbooks are to be returned in good salable condition as determined at the Cowley Bookstore. Very limited highlighting and writing are acceptable. The rental item is not in salable condition, for example, if it is damaged by liquids (rain, snow, coffee, juice, etc.), fire (scorched), tooth marks (rodents, pets, etc.), spine damage, or if there are any missing component parts. If the rental textbook is not in salable condition and the return is not accepted, student agrees to pay the Replacement Cost of the rental textbook plus a $25.00 Non-Return Fee for each damaged textbook.
- If the rental textbook is lost, stolen or student decides to keep the textbook, the student can exchange the rental textbook for the purchase price of the textbook PRIOR to the Rental Due Date. The rental fee will be refunded and the student will be charged the purchase price of the textbook.
- The Rental Due Date can be found on all Cowley Bookstore Register Receipts and Mail Order Receipts. Student accepts responsibility for returning the rental textbook to the Cowley Bookstore no later than the Rental Due Date. Rental textbooks shipped to the Cowley Bookstore must be received no later than the Rental Due Date with shipping expenses paid by the student. All shipments must include a Textbook Return Form. The Cowley Bookstore is not responsible for rental textbooks that are lost or delayed in transit via any carrier.
- The Cowley Bookstore is authorized to charge the student credit card or student account for rental textbooks that are deemed damaged or not returned by the Rental Due Date. The student will be liable for the Replacement Cost of the rental textbook plus a $25.00 Non-Return Fee for each rental not returned. The Replacement Cost of the rental is equal to the full retail value of the textbook.